Questions about Omni-chain

Questions about Omni-chain.

Hi,

Map team changed the slogan again.

Since there is no sufficient information about Omni-chain, users can’t understand the new slogan easily.

There are some questions about the new slogan.

1. What is “Omni-chain”? What are the differences compared to “Cross-chain”?

2. Is the Map’s project changed or just word-changing? or have there any new separate points of those words recently?

3. There is comparison with other cross-chains in page 5 of Map’s lite-book. Are there any ambiguous points between"Omni-chain" and “Cross-chain”? or just updating now? (I heard LayerZero is an “Omni-chain” project.)

Thanks for reading and I hope to get your answer soon.

1 Like

According to the technical framework design and roadmap of MAP protocol, MAP protocol will seamlessly connect all chains, both homogeneous and heterogeneous chains. So it is most appropriate to represent it as Omnichain network for an interoperable Web3.

In general, Cross-chain generally refers to token crosschain, i.e. token crossover from chain A to chain B. Omnichain may have a broader meaning, with more data calls. layerzero has no mainnet, it is realized by deploying on each chain. MAP’s is implemented in a different way. We have a relay chain, and MAP protocol will seamlessly connect all chains, both homogeneous and heterogeneous chains. So it is most appropriate to represent it as Omnichain network for an interoperable Web3.